- The Salsa is similar to Mambo and share many of the same moves.
- Both have a pattern of six steps danced over eight counts of music.
- In Salsa, turns have become an important feature, so the overall look and feel are quite different form those of Mambo
- Salsa has more of a side to side feel.
- Lively, flirtatious ballroom dance full of passion and energy.
- "Cuban motion" gives the Cha Cha its unique style.
- Partners work together to synchronize each movement in perfect alignment.
- Most sensual and emotional Latin American ballroom dances.
- Swaying hip movements, facial expressions, arm movements and holds all add to the sensuality of the dance.
- This is one of the liveliest ballroom dances,
- Originating in southern France.
- It is modeled after the sound, drama, and movement of the Spanish bullfight.
- The most romantic and sensual of all Latin ballroom dances
- It is often referred to as the "Grandfather of the Latin dances."
- Possibly the most popular of all Brazilian ballroom dances
- Popular with young people as well as older generations.
- Can be performed solo or with a partner.
- The Tango is one of the most fascinating of all ballroom dances.
- This sensual ballroom dance originated in South America in the early twentieth century.
East Coast Swing
- East Coast Swing is a non-progressive dance
- It is a fast, exuberant dance
- The East Coast Swing includes the use of a back rock step.
- The back rock either follows a step, a step touch or a triple step.
- The man always leads with the left foot and back rocks on the left foot as well.
West Coast Swing
- The West coast Swing is very improvisational among advanced dancers with "syncopations", i.e. rhythm variations, footwork variations, body waves, etc.
- Individual styles vary widely.
- The man stays pretty much in one place while the woman moves back and forth in a slot.
- Therefore, it's the woman's movements that are emphasized.
- There's a lot more hand and arm motion than in the shag to produce figures like left/right passes, tunnels, and various wraps.
- West Coast developed from the Lindy.
- Foxtrot is a ballroom dance that is lots of fun and simple to learn
- An excellent dance for beginners.
- Smooth dance in which dancers make long, flowing movements across the floor.
- The Quickstep is a quick version of the Foxtrot.
- It is a ballroom dance comprised of extremely quick stepping, syncopated feet rhythms, and runs of quick steps.
- The Quickstep is exciting to watch, but among the most difficult of all the ballroom dances.
- A quick rotating ballroom dance with a subtle rise and fall.
- It is considered by most to be one of the most difficult dances to learn.
- The simple and elegant rotational movement characterizes the Viennese Waltz.
- The Waltz is one of the smoothest ballroom dances.
- It is a progressive dance marked by long, flowing movements, continuous turns, and "rise and fall".
- "The dance is so graceful and elegant", Waltz dancers appear to glide around the floor with almost no effort.
5738 82ND ST. SUITE 200
NE SIDE OF 82ND AND FRANKFORD
IN THE SAME BUILDING AS CORNERSTONE AUDIOLOGY